Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Can/I Will

Novice Low
  • Listening
    • I can understand some commonly used words and expressions, such as please and thank you.
    • I can understand basic information, such as days of the week, months of the year, numbers, times, and dates.
    • I can understand names of objects in my immediate environment, such as words for familiar objects found in classrooms, offices, or homes.
    • I can understand the difference between a question and a statement. I can follow a one-step instruction, especially when people use gestures.
  • Reading
    • I can connect some characters or letters to their sounds.
    • I can connect some words, phrases, or characters to their meanings.
    • I can recognize words, phrases, and characters with help from visuals. I can follow along on the page when something familiar is read out loud.
    • I will request information to obtain things I need or want using phrases and simple sentences. ...write about something I have learned using phrases and simple sentences.
  • Person-to-Person
    • I can greet people in a polite way using single words and memorized phrases.
    • I can introduce myself to someone.
    • I can answer simple questions using one or more words.
    • I can react to a statement using one or more words or memorized phrases.
    • I can answer simple questions using one or more words.
  • Speaking
    • I can imitate the sounds and words that I hear.
    • I can say the names of familiar people, places, and objects in pictures and posters using single words or memorized phrases.
    • I will use an appropriate introduction to begin a presentation.
  • Writing
    • I can write my name.
    • I can label some familiar things.
    • I can copy some characters and words that I see on the wall, in a book, on the board, or on the computer.
Novice Mid
  • Listening
    • I can understand simple words and phrases about daily activities.
    • I can understand some words and phrases in simple messages and announcements in a familiar setting.
    • I can understand some simple questions on familiar topics.
    • I can follow some multi-step directions or instructions, especially when people use gestures or there is repetition.
    • I can understand some of what people say in a conversation when they are talking about familiar things.
  • Reading
    • I can read simple information on familiar topics.
    • I can understand short, simple descriptions, especially if there are pictures or graphs.
    • I can recognize words on a list on familiar topics.
    • I can recognize familiar names, words, characters, and some phrases in everyday situations.
  • Person-to-Person
    • I can introduce myself and others using basic, culturally appropriate greetings.
    • I can ask simple questions and give simple responses on familiar topics using words, phrases, and memorized expressions.
    • I will exchange information about myself, my family, and familiar things using words, phrases, and memorized expressions.
    • I can understand and say numbers in simple situations.
    • I will exchange information about something I have learned using memorized words and phrases.
  • Speaking
    • I can present personal information about myself and others using words and phrases.
    • I can express my likes and dislikes using words, phrases, and memorized expressions.
    • I can list my daily activities using words, phrases, and memorized expressions.
    • I will present simple information about something I learned using words, phrases, and memorized expressions.
    • I can present personal information about myself and others using words and phrases.
  • Writing
    • I can fill out a simple form with some basic personal information.
    • I can write about myself using learned phrases and memorized expressions.
    • I can write lists that help me in my day-to-day life.
Novive High
  • Listening
    • I can understand some short conversations or descriptions.
    • I can understand some short, simple messages and announcements on familiar topics.
    • I can understand most directions or instructions in a familiar setting when expressed in short conversations.
    • I will understand simple stories.
  • Reading
    • I will understand information I need on familiar topics.
    • I can understand everyday notices in public places.
    • I will identify some detailed information needed on forms.
    • I can follow short, written instructions and directions supported by visuals.
    • I will understand some ideas on familiar topics in texts that I have read, especially when supported by visuals.
  • Person-to-Person
    • I will exchange personal information using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I will exchange information about what I have learned using texts, graphs, or pictures.
    • I can ask for and give simple directions to go somewhere or do something.
    • I will exchange information with other people about what to do, where to go, and when to meet.
    • I can interact with others using simple language in everyday situations.
  • Speaking
    • I can describe aspects of my daily life using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I will describe a familiar experience or event in simple terms using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I will present information about others using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I can give basic instructions on how to make or do something using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I can present basic information about things I have learned using phrases and simple sentences.
  • Writing
    • I will describe aspects of my daily life using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I will write a description of a familiar experience or event using phrases and simple sentences.
    • I can write short notes using phrases and simple sentences.



1 comment:

  1. You can already do all of these things consistently? What about things that are goals?

    ReplyDelete